Saturday, August 2, 2014

Video: White Sox OF Avisail Garcia and RHP Matt Lindstrom encouragedafter Charlotte Knights rehab appearances


Both Avisail Garcia and Matt Lindstrom made Major League rehab assignment appearances with the Charlotte Knights on Friday.

Lindstrom tossed an inning in Game 1 and allowed a run on a walk, a hit batter, and a hit. He threw 16 pitches, eight for strikes.

“I felt pretty good,” said Lindstrom, who has been on the White Sox disabled list since a tear in a tendon sheath in his left ankle required surgery this past May. “I was a little apprehensive with the mound being a little bit wet, but everything felt as close to normal as I think it’s going to feel.

“I’ve put a lot of hard work in to trying to get back to this point,” he continued. “I made most of my pitches. I was a little disappointed in some of my breaking stuff, but it think that had a little to do with the rain. Overall, it was a good test.”

According to Lindstrom – whose Knights jersey read LINSTROM on Friday – the plan is for him to throw every other day until the White Sox feel his stuff has reached a point that it would play at the Major League level.

Garcia started Game 2 as the Knights designated hitter and finished 2-for-4 (2 Ks) and scored the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning.

“It feels great, you know,” said Garcia, who suffered a torn left labrum back in April and was originally thought to be lost for the season. “It’s my first game in like four months and I felt pretty good. I just tried to see pitches and put the ball in play.

“I just want to play hard and play the game the right way and do what I need to do to get up there,” he continued.

According to Garcia, the plan is for him to continue to act as the Knights’ designated hitter for the next week or so before moving to the outfield.

After that?

“I don’t know what’s going to happen,” Garcia said.

Notes: Knights SS Carlos Sanchez left after a single in the first inning of Game 2, which the Knights won 4-3 on a walk-off RBI single by Dan Black. Sanchez had missed the previous three games with back tightness. … White Sox No. 12 prospect Scott Snodgress made his Class AAA debut in Game 1 and pitched a one-two-three ninth inning with two strikeouts. … With a double (his 95th) in Game 2 Jordan Danks moved to within one of Joe Borchard’s all-time Knights’ doubles mark.

0 comments: